Welcome to the League of Women Voters of Greater Hartford!
Up Coming Events
LWV of Greater Hartford is participating in the "Follow the Money" Conference. LWVGH president Carole Mulready is moderator. If you are concerned and interested in the impact of Citizens United, join us for a very interesting morning with experts. CLICK LINK
OCT 29 - 9AM- Follow The Money Conference at Mark Twain House
- Oct 26: First Congregational debate
- Register voters at th Health and Wellness Fair on Sunday, October 23 at the XCEL Center in Hartford
- Register voters at the South Marshall Street Fair on Saturday, October 22 from 1:30 to 3:30.
- we are participating with CCSU History Dept in student led programs leading up to the election. i have a picture of that.
- we also held a program with Kevin Lembo, CT State Comptroller to under stand the budget problems and discuss possible solutions.
- Voters Guide for West Hartford coming.
2016 ELECTION ACTIVITIES
The LWVGH served as moderator for an election related program sponsored by the CCSU history department. "To Vote or Not to Vote " was a student led discussion that ranged from criticism of the US campaign system to social movements that some students thought were more effective than voting to the power of the vote and having ones voice heard. Seen in the picture with the students is League president Carole Mulready who served as moderator during the discussion with the student panelists and the audience. History professors Katherine Hermes and Matt Warshaur were key to the success of the event.
The League of Women Voters is a national non-partisan political organization, which was established in 1920, the same year the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution guaranteed women's suffrage.
Our Greater Hartford League was established in 1923, pursuing the same goal: to produce informed voters. The League is organized on the national, state, and local levels, with appropriate "study" and "action" activities taking place on one or more levels at the same time.
We are now on Facebook